Betsy Malloy is a freelance travel writer, professional photographer and former San Francisco City Guides tour leader. Before moving to the San Francisco Bay area, Betsy lived in Los Angeles. She has traveled extensively California, the western United States and around the world.
When she isn't writing about California travel here, Betsy is still out and about in California. These are some of her other enterprises:
- The Disneyland Book: 101 Surprisingly Simple Ways to Add Wow! to Your Vacation A revolutionary new kind of guide book
- California Mission Projects Made Easy: A resource for California fourth grade students
- Betsy Malloy Photography: A collection of images from California - and around the world
- Images of San Francisco: A selection of fine art and stock photos of San Francisco, with emphasis on the Golden Gate Bridge and the San Francisco skyline
- 7000 Steps Through Suburbia: Focusing on my little corner of suburban California in images and essays
Betsy has been a travel writer since 1998. Beside creating thousands of articles at About.com, her online credits include Fodors Travelwire and eztrip. Her work has also appeared in Islands, Westways and Porthole magazines and in the Christian Science Monitor, San Francisco Chronicle, Dallas Morning News, Boston Herald and other newspapers.
Betsy studied chemistry in college and worked in the semiconductor and software industries, but travel has always been her first love.
From Betsy Malloy:
California has been a favorite destination for many years, and I enjoy sharing my finds - attractions that no one should miss, places only locals know about, and new and interesting attractions.