Allow a half day or more to visit Bisbee. For a leisurely visit from Tucson, plan to stay overnight. Arrive midday, visiting Kartchner Caverns and Tombstone on the way to Bisbee. Spend the afternoon exploring the Bisbee museum, shops and art galleries, then tour the Queen Mine the next morning.
Things to Do in Bisbee
- Queen Mine Tour: Don a yellow slicker jacket and a hard hat, and go underground to see what a copper mine was like.
- Bisbee Mining and Historical Museum: Working with the Smithsonian Institution to create a first-class mining and mineral hall.
- Self-Guided Bisbee Walking Tour: Pick up a brochure at the tourist office and explore Brewery Gulch, Main Street and Tombstone Canyon
- Bisbee Cooking School: (520) 432-3882 – Teaching various cuisines and cooking techniques.
- Lavender Jeep Tours: (520) 432-5369 Narrated tours of the town of Bisbee, area backroads, nearby Sky Island, Sunset Mountain or Texas John Slaughter Ranch. Travel in a covered jeep.
- Tombstone: Site of the famous Gunfight at the OK Corral, about 25 miles north of Bisbee.