San Onofre Beach is a popular nude beach is located just north of Camp Pendleton. It is the closest nude beach to Los Angeles and Orange County.
It's a long story that's well-chronicled at the Visit the Friends of San Onofre website and you should go there to get current information about the ongoing battle, but since early 2010, park rangers can issue citations for nudity at San Onofre and they have been.
Beware of helicopters overhead if you're sensitive about being seen.
San Diego County
- Very friendly
- Police are vigilant about sex here
- Stay out of the military base, the citations are a hassle
Who's at San Onofre Beach
- In summer, several thousand people total, several hundred nudists on a warm day.
- Much fewer people the rest of the year.
- About 80% bare it all in the clothing optional area
- Men outnumber women
- Many are regulars who either know one another and stay in a group or stay to themselves
San Onofre Beach Facilities
Toilets, outdoor sinks and showers at each trailhead at the top of the bluffs. Drink machines, campsites with fire rings. The nearest store is about 5 miles away in San Clemente.
San Onofre Beach Activities
Nude swimming, sunbathing, volleyball, beachcombing, yoga, walking, jogging, Frisbee, paddleball
Getting to San Onofre Beach
San Onofre Beach Rating:See what others think.
Laws regarding nudity at the naturist beach vary by location and fines are stiff in some places. I have made every effort to provide accurate information, but the responsibility for knowing the law at San Onofre Beach is yours.