- Hours: Open every day except December 25
- Reservations: Not required.
- Cost: Admission charged, varies by tour.
- Location:. Six miles west of I-25, on the way to Pikes Peak. Driving directions below.
- How Long: Varies by tour. See descriptions below.
- Best Time to Visit: Any time.
Cave of the WindsCave of the Winds is the oldest of the Pikes Peak area attractions, and still one of the most popular. They offer three tours:
Introductory Discovery Tour (45 minutes) that follows a 3/4-mile passageway through 20 subterranean chambers filled with stalagmites, stalactites, crystal flowers, and limestone canopies. Narrow passageways and over 200 stairs make even this tour unsuitable for some visitors.
- A lantern tour (1 1/2 hours) conducted the way tours were given in 1895.
- For the adventurous, an Explorers Trip (3 to 4 hours).
Getting to Cave of the WindsCave of the Winds
Manitou Springs, CO 80829
From I-25, take Exit 151 (US 24) west six miles.