- Hours: Check current hours
- Reservations: Not Required
- Cost: Free
- Location:. At the southern edge of downtown. Driving directions below.
- How Long: Allow an hour, or more if you are particularly interested in the area's history.
- Best Time to Visit: Any time.
Colorado Springs Pioneers MuseumColorado Springs Pioneers Museum, housed in the restored 1903 El Paso County Courthouse, preserves Pikes Peak region history. Their holdings include a nationally-significant quilt collection, Van Briggle art pottery and Colorado's finest regional art collection.
The murals by artist Eric Bransby, depicting the area's history from early inhabitants to the twentieth century, are a museum highlight.
Part of author Helen Hunt Jackson's house is reconstructed in the Museum, furnished with her original possessions. Hunt wrote "Ramona" and "The Indian's Plight," books that called attention to the condition of the American Indian.
Getting to Colorado Springs Pioneer MuseumColorado Springs Pioneers Museum
215 South Tejon Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80903