Disneyland Resort Hotel Reviews
- Disneyland Hotel: The largest Disneyland Resort hotel has almost 1,000 rooms in three buildings. A much-welcomed renovation was completed in early 2012. Take a photo tour of the Disneyland Hotel.
- Paradise Pier: Overlooking the California Adventure theme park's Paradise Pier, this is the least-expensive of the Disneyland Resort hotels, and the first to sell out. We think it's the best value for money among the Disneyland Resort hotels - and it's the only one that features Mickey Mouse at their character breakfast.
- Grand Californian: Designed after the classic lodge at Yosemite, the newest and most expensive Disneyland Resort hotel is in some ways the most "adult." It's the only one with a spa and fine cuisine restaurant, and they don't have roll-away beds. However, it's also the only Disney Resort hotel to offer child care and children's activities in the hotel - and their villas offer lots of extra room and full kitchens. Read our review or Take a photo tour of the Grand Californian
Disney Resort Hotel Character DiningAll three Disneyland hotels offer breakfasts featuring Disney characters. You can chow down with Chip 'n Dale at the Grand Californian's Storytellers Cafe, grab a bite in Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel, or munch with Minnie Mouse at Paradise Pier's PCH Grill. The characters are available only during limited hours, and as you can imagine, are quite popular - and you don't have to stay in the hotels to enjoy them. Call 714-781-3463 to make a reservation.
Should You Stay at a Disney Resort Hotel?The positives:
- Staying in a Disneyland Resort hotel is very convenient, with the Grand Californian offering direct entry into California Adventure.
- Because they're close to the parks, you can sleep a little later and don't have to worry about shuttle schedules or pay for parking. You may even be able to manage without a rental car.
- Disney offers hotel packages that may include admission discounts. The Disneyland Vacation Package Guide summarizes their pros and cons.
- Your stay at a Disney Resort hotel won't be inexpensive. Standard room rates at the Disneyland Resort hotels range from $175 to $500+ per night.
- Even with the discounts included in a package, the nightly rate can be more than twice the cost of other comfortable Disneyland area options.