Disneyland has almost 60 rides and a host of other attractions, making the process of deciding what to do a daunting task. If you're the do-it-yourself type, try our Disneyland Rides List which summarizes height restrictions, lists FASTPASS rides and more, all on one page.
If you need some help, that's what we're here for.
Best Disneyland Rides for YouTo make it easier for the rest of you you, we've grouped the rides into helpful lists.
- Best Disneyland Rides: These are the ones everybody loves
- Disneyland Rides for Kids: We've sorted them out into the very gentle, the slightly scary, ways to have fun while sitting still and thrown in cautions for specific rides that may help
- Cool Places for a Hot Day: A handful of rides and attractions where it's cool, you can sit down - and they last more than a few seconds
- New Disneyland Rides: If you've been there before, this list will tell you what's new in the past five years
- Most Popular Disneyland Rides: You could also call this one "Rides With the Longest Lines"
- Disneyland Rides With the Shortest Lines: Good for fill-ins in while waiting for a Fastpass time - or to satisfy someone who's just gotta ride something, right now
- Disneyland Thrill Rides: All the ways to get the most thrills
- Disneyland Roller Coasters: Coaster and only coasters
- Best Rides at Night: They're either more fun in the dark, or worth a second visit after the sun goes down. Some rides close at night (or early) and they're also listed here
- Disneyland Shows and Entertainment: They're not rides, but they're things to do that you might enjoy
Have More Fun
- Enjoy more with these strategies to avoid standing in line for Disneyland rides.
- Learn to how a FASTPASS can make your wait shorter, learn how to get one and how to use it
- Find out why you might want to use Ridemax to shorten your wait
- How to make the most out of Magic Mornings
- Check out these mobile websites and apps. They can help you save time and some of them can keep you entertained between rides, too
- Check which rides and attractions will be closed during your visit
- 35 in (89 cm): Gadget's Go Coaster, Matterhorn Bobsleds
- 40 in (102 cm): Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Star Tours
- 46 in (117 cm): Indiana Jones Adventure
- 52 in (131 cm): Autopia (to drive alone)
Most Disneyland rides are accessible to the mobility-impaired. However, many require you to transfer into the ride vehicle by yourself or with assistance from your traveling companions. A few have steps that can't be bypassed, including Tarzan's Treehouse, the railroad station at Main Street, U.S.A. and the Columbia Sailing Ship.
If you have a hearing impairment, stop at Guest Relations (in City Hall, on your left as you enter Disneyland) to pick up assistive listening devices and handheld caption controls used in some rides.