Los Angeles Weather and Climate
What's the Los Angeles Weather Going to be Like? Find the Answer Here.
Today's Los Angeles Weather
Los Angeles Climate
Click on any month to get more detailed information about what to expect from Los Angeles weather, what to wear, what to pack.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to find Los Angeles weather and climate information in centimeters and °C
On any day, but especially in summer, the daytime temperature at the Los Angeles beaches will be 2-7 degrees cooler than the temperatures above, which were measured downtown. The biggest difference is in July and August.
A few things about Los Angeles weather:
- No day is ever "average" and the weather information above is best used as a general idea of what things will be like. The only rain all summer could fall on your perfect picnic or a winter day could be so warm you'll wish you packed your shorts. This information can give you an idea about what the Los Angeles weather will be like, but there's no substitute for checking the short-range forecast before you leave home.
- This isn't inituitive unless you live on the coast, but even though June is usually drin Los Angeles, it also gets less sun, as "June Gloom" descends, a Los Angeles weather pattern that occurs when a blanket of marine fog hovers over the coast, sometimes lingering into July.
- About LA smog: Much of the reputation for smog here was created in the 1970s when LA truly had some of the worst air in the world. However, massive smog abatement campaigns have paid off and Los Angeles now has the best air it's had in 20 years. All of that is not to say that the air in LA is always clear as a bell. Some days, there is still a heavy haze over much of the city. Some of this is natural - the LA basin has been hazy since before industrialization. If the smog bothers you, head for the beach. No matter what the conditions, the air is always best there.
- In a poll we conducted, over 22,000 voters said they prefer to go to San Diego in the winter.
- Los Angeles weather is almost always cool in the evening, especially near the ocean.
What to Bring on a Los Angeles Vacation
- Most California businesses follow a "business casual" policy, and some tend toward shorts and tennies with no socks. Ask your business contacts about standards at their company.
- Los Angeles is, however, the home of Hollywood and image conscious people. If you want to blend in at the trendiest restaurants, bring your trendiest clothes and if plan to go to the theater or eat at a very exclusive restaurant, bring dress clothes.
- In winter, bring an umbrella and light rain coat.
Los Angeles by Month
Los Angeles Weather and Climate (Metric Units)