Chula Vista Olympic Training Center
2800 Olympic Parkway
Chula Vista, CA
- Hours: Open Monday through Saturday
- Reservations: Not required, except for groups of 10 or more
- Cost: Free
- Location: In Chula Vista. Driving directions below.
- How Long: Allow one to two hours
- Best Time to Visit: Any time, but less crowded on weekdays
Olympic Training Center
This all-weather, 150-acre complex trains 4,000 athletes per year, supporting their efforts to excel in Olympic archery, rowing, canoeing, kayaking, soccer, softball, field hockey, tennis, track and field, and cycling. Facilities here include North America's largest permanent archery range, an artificial all-weather field hockey surface, four soccer fields, a 15,000-square-foot canoe/kayak and rowing boat house, four tennis courts, a 400-meter track and a cycling criterion course.
Free guided tours are conducted from the Visitor Center when a tour guide is available - otherwise, you can pick up a map and take a self-guided tour.