- San Diego, California is the seventh largest city in the United States, with 2.5 million residents.
- The Hotel del Coronado on Coronado Island is the largest wooden structure in the United States. See how it rates as a hotel.
- San Diego, California is rimmed with seventy miles of beaches.
- San Diego's Zoo is home to a pair of giant pandas, and when Hua Mei was born here, she was the first baby panda born in the Western Hemisphere since 1990 (she is now in China). Click to find out more about the zoo.
- San Diego, California is famed for the best climate in the United States. This page has all the detaisl.
- San Diego, California is home of the first European settlement on the West Coast.
- Legal drinking age is 21. Across the border in Tijuana, it's 18.
San Diego, California Taxes
- Hotel tax is 10% (12.5% for hotels with more than 70 rooms)
- Sales tax is 7.75% (A helpful hint: when calculating a 15% restaurant tip, all you have to do is double the tax)