To help you be a smarter San Diego tourist, enjoy your trip more and spend less of your hard-earned money doing it, these San Diego tourist tips may help you:
Eight Ways to be a Smart San Diego Tourist
- Browse through our 10-part San Diego Vacation Planner: It will bring you more tips than we can give you on this one page.
- Save Money: Read our money-saving vacation tips.
- Know the Weather: San Diego's climate is quite moderate, but it can rain here at times, and Santa Ana winds can turn winter into summer. Our guide to San Diego weather and what to expect can help you bring the right stuff.
- Get a Hotel Bargain: If you're willing to invest some time, you can get excellent rates on some of San Diego's best hotels. Our tips will show you how.
- Take the Trolley: At rush hour, the I-5 almost turns into a parking lot, and you may not want to drive to the border near Tijuana. Learn how to take the trolley during you San Diego Vacation and you can relax and let someone else do the driving. Our step-by-step guide will show you how.
- Make Reservations: The San Diego Zoo Safari Park offers special tours that require advance reservations, such as their photo safari. You won't need reservations to visit Sea World, but you will if you want to take a special tour or dine with Shamu.
- Life's Too Short to Eat Bad Food: Don't be a typical San Diego tourist suffering with bad service, high prices and mediocre food in Old Town or the Gaslamp Quarter. Instead, head North of I-5 on 5th or 6th Streets to University Avenue in the Hillcrest area, where you'll find lots of good restaurants, at much more reasonable prices.
- Learn How to Bargain: Bargaining is a way of life in Tijuana, so if you want the best deals, learn how to bargain with a Tijuana shopkeeper.
Poll: Tell Us What You Think About San Diego
How do you rate San Diego as a vacation destination?
See what other visitors think about San Diego