San Diego Weather and Climate
What's the San Diego Weather Going to be Like? What Should You Pack?
Today's San Diego Weather
San Diego Climate
Click on any month to get more detailed information about what to expect from San Diego weather, what to wear, what to pack.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to find San Diego weather and climate information in centimeters and °C
If You're Planning a San Diego Vacation, go to the San Diego vacation planner for more information
A few things about San Diego weather:
- No day is ever "average" and the weather information above is best used as a general idea of what things will be like. The only rain all summer could fall on your perfect picnic or a winter day could be so warm you'll wish you packed your shorts. This information can give you an idea about what the San Diego weather will be like, but there's no substitute for checking the short-range forecast before you leave home.
- This isn't inituitive unless you live on the coast, but the driest month in San Diego (June) gets the least sun, as "June Gloom" descends, a San Diego weather pattern that occurs when a blanket of marine fog hovers over the coast, sometimes lingering into July.
- Another oddity: the rainiest month for San Diego weather is also one of the clearest. From that, it's not too hard to figure out that most of that rain must fall in just a few days.
- July and August bring the hottest San Diego weather, which you might think means fewer people will be visiting, but it's also the most popular with visitor from Arizona who think it's almost cold compared to their 100-plus temperatures.
- In a poll we conducted, over 4,500 voters said they like to go to San Diego in the winter.
- San Diego weather is almost always cool in the evening, especially near the ocean.
What to Bring on a San Diego Vacation
San Diego Weather and Climate (Metric Units)
More About Visiting San Diego
- San Diego Vacation Planner
- Where to Stay in San Diego
- San Diego's Top Things to Do
- San Diego with Kids