San Francisco Weather and Climate
What's the San Francisco Weather Going to be Like? What Should You Pack?
Today's San Francisco Weather
These are the current conditions:
San Francisco Climate
Getting today's weather or a forecast for the upcoming week is easy, but if you want to know what the weather might be 6 months from now - or whenever you're planning your San Francisco trip - some averages may be more helpful.
Click on any month to get more detailed information about what to expect from San Francisco weather, what to wear, what to pack.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to find San Francisco weather and climate information in centimeters and °C
If You're Planning a San Francisco Vacation, go to the San Francisco vacation planner for more information
A few things about San Francisco weather:
- It's a rare day when everything about San Francisco weather is exactly "average." Use the climate information above to get an idea of what things will be like, but check the short-range forecast just before you travel.
- This may sound wrong unless you're familiar with Pacific coastal weather patterns, but San Francisco's driest month (June) gets the least sun, with lots of fog that keep things chilly.
- When we say it's cold on June and July evenings, we aren't joking. Fog is wet and it generates a cold, damp wind as it comes in. I've been in the city for both holidays and know from experience that Fourth of July night can feel colder than New Year's Eve.
- San Francisco is at its best in spring and fall, when skies are clearer and rain less likely.
- San Francisco weather is almost always cool in the evening, especially near the ocean.
San Francisco by MonthYou'll find more specific suggestions in the month-by-month guides.
San Francisco Weather and Climate (Metric Units)
More About Visiting San Francisco
- San Francisco Vacation Planner
- Where to Stay in San Francisco
- San Francisco's Top Things to Do
- San Francisco with Kids