San Francisco Weather and Climate
What's the San Francisco Weather Going to be Like? What Should You Pack?
Today's San Francisco Weather
San Francisco Climate
Click on any month to get more detailed information about what to expect from San Francisco weather, what to wear, what to pack.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to find San Francisco weather and climate information in centimeters and °C
If You're Planning a San Francisco Vacation, go to the San Diego vacation planner for more information
A few things about San Francisco weather:
- It's a rare day when everything about San Francisco weather is exactly "average," so usethe weather information above to getl idea of what things will be like, but check the short-range forecast and be prepared.
- This isn't inituitive unless you live on the coast, but the driest month in San Francisco (June) gets the least sun, with lots of fog that keep things chilly.
- When we say it's cold on June and July evenings, we mean it. The fog is wet, and creates a cold, damp wind as it comes in, making Fourth of July night sometimes colder than New Year's Eve.
- San Francisco is at its best in spring and fall, when skies are clearer and rain less likely.
- San Francisco weather is almost always cool in the evening, especially near the ocean.
What to Bring on a San Francisco Vacation
- Unless your plans include a very high-end restaurant or cultural activity, casual clothing is finealmost everywhere in San Francisco.
- In winter, bring a a light rain coat. Don't be worried if you forget them, though. Every time it rains, all the shops bring them out for sale.
- You'll find more specific suggestions in the month-by-month guides.
San Diego Weather and Climate (Metric Units)
More About Visiting San Francisco
- San Francisco Vacation Planner
- Where to Stay in San Francisco
- San Francisco's Top Things to Do
- San Francisco with Kids