Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, Indio is one of California's biggest, most eclectic music festivals
- Stagecoach Festival, Indio is billed as California's Country Music Festival, it's also held near Palm Springs
- Doo Dah Parade, Pasadena originally held Thanksgiving weekend as a parody of the Rose Parade, it's full of all kinds of zany groups
- Pebble Beach Food and Wine Festival: One of the best food and wine festivals in the state, with many chefs and winemakers on hand
- Toyota Grand Prix, Long Beach is an IndyCar street race held in downtown Long Beach
- Lyrid Meteor Shower: The best places to see them are far away from city lights and where there are few trees: Joshua Tree or Lake Shasta are great choices.
- Whale Watching in April: A few gray whales may still be migrating north. Humpback whales and orcas start to appear.