Hikers interested in visiting Yosemite's High Sierra Camps next year should call and get their name into the lottery in September.
- Labor Day Weekend in California
- Art Festival, Sausalito: This juried show features some of the best art you'll find at a festival.
- Autumn Moon Festival, San Francisco: A harvest festival some say is a bit like "Chinese Thanksgiving."
- Camp Schramsberg, Napa: Participants in this food-and-wine "camp" get to harvest grapes, learn about food and wine pairing and bottle their own bubble to take home.
- Grape Harvest Festival, Lodi: A family-oriented festival to celebrate the harvest.
- International Dragon Boat Festival, San Francisco: The boats are gorgeous and admission is free.
- Jazz Festival, Monterey: The country's oldest jazz fest is still going strong. Reserve ahead or you may not get in. them, this is the festival for you.
- SAVOR the Central Coast, San Luis Obispo County: Features regional wines and foods.
- California International Airshow, Salinas: It's been going on since 1980 and is always popular.
- Sonoma Wine Country Weekend: Food and wine events at the end of summer.
- Tall Ships Festival, Dana Point: A good opportunity to see those beautiful, tall-masted sailing ships.
Taste of Newport Food Festival, Newport Beach: With food, wine and entertainment, they claim to be Southern California's premiere food festival.
- Concours d'Elegance, Pebble Beach: A chance to see some of the finest collector's cars, new models and concept vehicles.
- Whale Watching in September: This is a good time to see blue whales, humpbacks and Minke whales.