- Hours: Monday through Friday, with occasional weekday closures as noted on their website
- Reservations: Available by calling (800) 464-1476 at least 24 hours in advance, or just walk in
- Cost: Admission charged
- Location: In Everett, 30 miles north of Seattle
- How Long: Tours last one hour, but allow three hours total if you're driving from Seattle
- Best Time to Visit: Any time, but it's best to get there early in summer to before the tours fill up
- See It Now: Photo Tour
Boeing Tour ReviewThe Boeing Tour is one of Washington's most popular tourist attractions. It takes visitors through the largest building in the world by volume, 472 million cubic feet of space (13.3 million cubic meters) covering 98.3 acres (39.8 hectares). In this facility, you can see 747, 767 and 777 airplanes in various stages of manufacture and flight test.
Boeing Tour DetailsLeave your cameras and personal items behind. Items not allowed on the tour include cameras of any kind, purses, backpacks, cameras, binoculars and cellphones. Electronic gadgets are not allowed, even if they're turned off.
The Boeing tour is accessible, but they do not provide wheelchairs.
The Boeing tour (in English only) lasts a little over an hour, and require a one-third mile walk, 21 steep stairs and an elevator ride. Children must be at least 4 feet 2 inches (127 cm) tall, and you cannot carry babies on the tour.
The Boeing tour begins with two short films, one a moving collage of aircraft built by Boeing, and the second a speeded-up film that shows the construction of a 747 from beginning to end. After the films, you will go by bus to the factory entrance, where you will walk to the observation level above the factory floor. Back in the bus, you will drive past (but not go inside) the aircraft painting facility and past some of the completed aircraft in various stages of testing.
Boeing Tour TicketsTickets are available by advance reservation or on the same day of the tour:
- Reserve by phone 24 hours or more in advance.
- Buy non-reserved tickets on site for same day use. Tickets go on sale at 8:30 a.m., and are sold on a first-come, first-served basis until they run out. They sell out early in summer, so arrive early. Inquire about availability of same-day tickets at (425) 342-8500 - 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- The Boeing tour center does not accept credit cards, so be sure to bring enough cash to pay for your tickets.
Other Aviation-Related Attractions NearbyMuseum of Flight Restoration Center: Located at Paine Field.
Flying Heritage Collection: The main emphasis of this collection is combat aircraft from World War II and the Cold War.
Getting to the Boeing TourBoeing Tour
Boeing Tour website From Interstate 5 North or South, take Exit 189 to State Highway 526 West. Drive for about 3 and 1/2 miles and then follow the signs to the Tour Center. It is located near the west end of the assembly building. The drive from downtown Seattle takes 45 minutes to an hour.
If you're in Seattle without a car, you can book a Boeing tour through Customized Tours and Charter Service