Nearest Entrance: South entrance, 22 miles (35 km) Altitude: 7,733 feet (2,357 m) Access Roads Open: South entrance open early May through early November
Services: Post office, gas station, visitor center, ATM, general store, laundry
Grant Village Yellowstone Activities
- Grant Village Yellowstone Visitor Center: Features exhibits about the 1988 fires and their aftermath, and shows the film Yellowstone, an Unfinished Song.
- West Thumb Geyser Basin: A collection of geysers, mud pots and hot springs on the shore of Lake Yellowstone.
- West Thumb Overlook Trail: Start from the west end of the West Thumb parking lot, and follow the trail as it climbs about 200 feet through forests and meadows, offering views of Yellowstone Lake and the Absaroka Mountain Range.
- Drive North to Lake Village: Enjoy a boat ride on the lake, go fishing or take a tour.
- Star-Gazing: Night at Grant Village in Yellowstone brings out a different kind of "star," and sometimes these heavenly stars are bright enough to cast shadows.
Commercial Tours Leaving from Grant Village YellowstoneThese tours are operated by Xanterra Resorts and leave from Grant Village Yellowstone. Other tours leave from other locations.
- Circle of Fire: Old Faithful, Fountain Paint Pots, Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone
- Teton Vista: Southern Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks in one day.