Given how densely populated Southern California is and how much everybody wants to live at the beach, you may be surprised to find out how many places are available for beach camping:
Southern California Beach Camping in Orange County
- Bolsa Chica State Beach: This is a popular place for surf fishing and has a beautiful shoreline, but only RV's are allowed (no tents).
- Doheny State Beach: This large park has a campground in the southern area (with some campsites only steps away from the beach). It can accommodate campers up to 28 feet long.
- Huntington by the Sea RV Park: They call this place "beach front property from your RV."
- San Clemente State Beach: This facility can accommodate campers and trailers up to 30 feet long, with hookups and a dump station.
Southern California Beach Camping in Los Angeles
Los Angeles' lone beach campground is prettily situated and close to both the airport and the freeway.
- Dockweiler State BeachIt's RV's only in this beachfront campground that's situated just below the takeoff and approach path for LAX.
Southern California Beach Camping in San Diego
- Chula Vista RV Resort: 237 spaces with full hookups adjacent to its own 552-slip marina. General store, ladies boutique, picnic area, swimming pool and spa, laundry, full restrooms, club rooms and two full-service restaurants with water front dining.
- San Elijo State Beach: Extends along Coast Highway 101, 3/4 mile north from San Elijo Lagoon's entrance channel, near the community of Cardiff-by-the-Sea north of San Diego. Facilities can accommodate campers up to 35 feet long. Reservations recommended.