In Ventura County just north of Los Angeles, you'll find California's greatest concentration of places to go camping on the beach:
- Emma Wood State Beach: For self-contained vehicles only, 90 sites,
- Faria County Beach Park: 42 oceanside sites with firepits, hot showers, flush toilets. 15 sites with full hookups.
- Hobson County Park: 31 oceanside sites with firepits, hot showers, flush toilets. 10 sites with full hookups.
- Rincon Parkway North: 127 roadside spots for self-contained RVs only.
- Thornhill Broome State Beach: In southern Ventura County along the Malibu coast, Thornhill Broome is part of Point Mugu State Park. Has 68 oceanside sites for RVs with cold showers and chemical toilets.