We asked our readers and they rated these California beach town the best in the state:
- San Diego: We'd call it a city, not a town, but they do have some great beaches - and the warmest water, too.
- Malibu: Probably the richest beach town on the list, with some great beaches and lots of luxury homes to gawk at.
- Pismo Beach: Some people call Pismo the quintessential California beach town, so cute it could make you swoon
- La Jolla:
- Santa Barbara: A south-facing coastline gives Santa Barbara its "banana belt" climate and the red-tile-roofed architecture lends a Mediterranean feel.
- Santa Cruz: With one of the few remaining seaside amusement parks in California and a nickname of "Surf City," it's got plenty to brag about in the beach town department.
Poll: What is the best beach town in California?
Tell us what you think - or see all the results below.
See what others think