Have reasonable expectations no matter where you decide to stay. You'll pay more for Catalina Island hotels than you would on the mainland. Most Catalina Island hotels will also require a two-day minimum reservation on weekends and three days if it's a holiday weekend.
Best Catalina Island Hotels
- Best View - Zane Grey Pueblo: Local lore says that Western author Zane Grey and Ada Wrigley had quite a rivalry going over whose home had the best view in town. Today, both are Catalina Island hotels. I like the view from the Zane Grey best because I can see the beautiful former Wrigley Mansion (now the Inn on Mt. Ada) from there. (800) 378-3256. Check Prices
- Best Value for Money - Aurora Hotel It's not the cheapest of all Catalina Island hotels, but offers the best price-to-quality ratio. Lower-priced rooms at the Aurora are far superior to those at other similar-priced properties in town. Compare Prices
- Best for Families - Pavilion Hotel: Located right in the middle of town and across the street from the beach, the Pavilion Hotel is one of the more moderately-priced Catalina Island hotels and each room can accommodate up to 5 people. Compare Prices
- Pet Friendly - Vicentes Hotel: The newest offering from the folks at Avalon Hotels (Aurora and Avalon), this is one of the few places on the island where your pet is welcome. They also have a fantastic penthouse suite, perfect for four.
- Best Luxury Hotel - Avalon Hotel: Located just steps from the waterfront and simply gorgeous Craftsman-style touches. Compare Prices
- Most Romantic - Inn on Mt. Ada: There's no contest among Catalina Island hotels for most romantic in my mind. I married my sweetheart here. What more can I say? The Windsor Room has knockout views of both town and ocean.
- Best Inexpensive - Hotel Atwater: Highly rated by people who stay at the hotel and some of the lowest prices in town. Compare Prices
- Best High-End Bed and Breakfast - Inn on Mt. Ada: With a staff that makes each guest feel like they owned the whole place and stunning city and ocean views, it can't be topped. You'll get your own golf cart to drive, too.
- Best Moderate-Priced Bed and Breakfast - Old Turner Inn: Comfortable surroundings in a pretty house.