You may be taking your clothes off when you get there, but wear good shoes to protect your feet from broken glass that litters the trail on the way down.
LocationSanta Cruz County, north of the town of Santa Cruz. Get a map and directions.
- Peaceful clean beach
- Sunny, sandy
- Dogs allowed, and you may see a migrating whale
- This part of the coast is often foggy (and cold) all day
- After-hours assaults have become too common here. Get out before dark.
- Burglaries from parked cars are also a problem. Don't leave anything valuable inside.
Who's at Bonny Doon Beach
- Mostly nude
- More women than at other area beaches
- Friendly crowd
Bonny Doon Beach FacilitiesNone, except for a nice, paved parking lot
Bonny Doon Beach ActivitiesSwimming is not advised because of undertow
More Nude Beaches Within 25 Miles of Bonny Doon
- Laguna Creek: About 1.5 miles south
- Scott Creek: About 4 miles north
- Panther and Hole in the Wall: About a mile south