The photo above shows Black’s Beach from the northern section of Torrey Pines State Beach. It was taken at high tide.
LocationLa Jolla, San Diego County
- Black's Beach is topped by 300-foot-high sandstone cliffs
- Two miles long and as wide as 60 feet at low tide
- Nudity bans are enforced on the south end of Blacks Beach, in the city-owned section
- Hang gliders and remote control airplanes hover nearby
Who's at Blacks BeachOne a busy day, more than 10,000 people may show up at Black's Beach
Blacks Beach FacilitiesPorta-potties in the gliderport parking lot
Blacks Beach ActivitiesSurfing, snorkeling, boogie boarding, jogging, volley ball, tide pooling and swimming
Stingrays rest in the water just beneath the sand's surface. Shuffle your feet as you walk in the water to scare them away before you accidentally step on one and get a painful sting.
More Nude Beaches Within 25 Miles of Blacks
- San Onofre: Located near the northern boundary of San Diego County, north of Camp Pendleton. As of this writing in late 2010, state park rangers may issue citations for nudity. check the profile for current information