Typically, Disney opens their new attractions around the first week of June, just in time for the summer season.
Reasons to Visit Disneyland in Summer
- Disneyland's summer hours are the longest of the year.
- Most of the Disneyland attractions will be open, except for periodic maintenance.
- This is the time to see Fantasmic! (twice nightly) and World of Color at California Adventure - and the fireworks go off every night.
- New attractions usually open in late spring or early summer, so this is a good time to check out the latest.
Reasons to Avoid Disneyland in Summer
- Summer is the busiest time of year at Disneyland.
- People get cranky when it's hot and crowded - and when they have to wait - which can make it harder to have fun and even if you retain your good humor, the people around you may not.
- The July 4 holiday draws peak attendance during what's already the busiest time of year, making it second-busiest few days of the year. It will be even more packed if it falls Friday through Monday, creating a three-day holiday weekend.
- For the first few weeks of June, season pass holders flock in to check out the newest attractions, making the park even more crowded than usual.
- Because demand is high, so are prices. Hotels are booked up and spring's discounts disappear faster than an ice cube in the summer sun.