If you want to go camping in a California state park for Independence Day, reservations open January 2. Find out how to reserve your spot and get tips for what to do if they're full.
No matter where you go, AAA offers a free Tipsy Tow service on July 4. You can get a free tow home, up to 5 miles - and you don't have to be a member. Just call 800-222-4357 and say "I need a Tipsy Tow."
Poll: Where is the Best Place to Watch 4th of July Fireworks in California?Lake Tahoe | San Francisco | Disneyland | Americafest (Pasadena Rose Bowl) | San Diego Bay | Big Bear | Marina Del Rey | Hollywood Bowl | Sacramento | Somewhere Else
- Fourth of July in San FranciscoBest places to watch the twin fireworks displays, one of the USA's biggest Fourth of July parades
- Fourth of July at Lake TahoeLargest synchronized fireworks display in the western US, rubber duck races
- Fourth of July in Northern CaliforniaGood ol' American baseball, old-fashioned parade, snow skiing on the 4th?
- Fourth of July in Los AngelesGet your fireworks with baseball, at a theme park or a concert - a patriotic boat parade, too
- Fourth of July in San DiegoFireworks over the Bay, the great American pastime, dinner cruises
- Fourth of July in Southern CaliforniaA golf cart parade, Fourth of July 1850's style, feeling Presidential
- Graphic Index
- Text Index