Best Lake Tahoe Ski Resorts
- Lake Tahoe Ski Resort for Families: Northstar at Tahoe Northstar is Lake Tahoe's undisputed champ for family ski resort, rated highly by Bay Area Parent and Ski magazines.
- Lake Tahoe Ski Resort for Expert Skiers: Squaw Valley Many publications rate Squaw Valley highly for challenging skiing, but the best endorsement came from the Olympics Committee, who chose this Lake Tahoe Ski Resort for the 1960 Winter Games. With steep terrain, tight chutes, KT-22 peak and Moseley's Run, a non-stop 2000-foot vertical feet decent, there's plenty to challenge even the world's top skiers, but don't be intimidated. Intermediate and beginning skiers will find plenty to enjoy here, too.
- Lake Tahoe Ski Resort for Snowboarders: Squaw Valley and Northstar It's a tie. Ski magazine and Away.com rank Squaw Valley the best Lake Tahoe Ski Resort for snowboarders, but the USASA National Snowboarding Championships and Van's Pro Snowboard Invitational have held their events at Northstar at Tahoe.
- Lake Tahoe Ski Resort Value: Alpine Meadows Ski Magazine says Alpine is one of the best skiing values in the country, making it tops at Lake Tahoe for value. Their prices are especially good for daily tickets and family packages.
- Lake Tahoe Ski Resort for Scenery: Heavenly With a panoramic view of Lake Tahoe and the surrounding mountains, Heavenly's South Lake Tahoe Ski Resort is so beautiful it's a wonder anyone can ski for gawking at their surroundings.
- Lake Tahoe Ski Resort Closest to Sacramento and Points West: Soda Springs This small Lake Tahoe ski resort offers skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing, and mini snowmobiles for the kids.
Lake Tahoe Ski Resort Poll: What is your favorite Lake Tahoe ski resort?Alpine Meadows | Heavenly | Kirkwood | Mt. Rose | Northstar at Tahoe | Sierra-at-Tahoe | Squaw Valley USA
See what others think