Or vote for your favorite thing to do: Watch a Television Show Taping | Hollywood Boulevard | Watch the Rose Parade | Rodeo Drive | Hollywood Bowl | Walk on the Beach | Downtown | Friday Night Jazz at the Art Museum | Museums for Free |
Nine Things to do for Free in Los Angeles
- Be in a Studio Audience: If you have an advance reservation and some time, you can be in the studio audience for selected sitcoms and game shows.
- Hollywood Boulevard: If you use our guide, you won't need to pay someone else to show you around. View photos
- Watch the Rose Parade: To get a front row seat, you'll have to camp out overnight, but spaces on the sidewalk are free.
- Rodeo Drive: The shops are expensive, but window-shopping is free and so is the parking. View photos
- Hollywood Bowl: You'll pay to get into an evening performance, but some morning rehearsals are open to the public. Call 323-850-2000 for info.
- Walk on the Beach: Los Angeles beaches are a great place for walking, people-watching and relaxing. View photos
- Downtown: There's more to do and see downtown than most people realize. Use our self-guided tour and you'll find plenty to see for free.
- Museums for Free: The California Science Center is free all the time. The Getty Museum and Getty Villa have no admission fee (although they will charge you to park). Others offer free admission on selected days only.