- Hours: Open daily
- Cost: Parking fee, reduced with validation
- Location: Corner of Third and Fairfax, driving directions below
- How Long: An hour or so to browse, longer to see a movie or have a meal
- Best Time to Visit: Any time, but especially lively at night
- See It Now: Photo tour
The Grove Los Angeles: What's There
The Grove Los Angeles is a shopping and entertainment complex built adjacent to the historic Farmers Market. It centers on a landscaped park and a dancing fountain. It's become a popular spot for shopping and dining, and its lively crowds and street-grid layout make it feel like an old-fashioned downtown.
Besides an assortment of restaurants and shops, you'll find:
- Pacific Movie Theater
- Trolley: Electric-powered cars link The Grove and Farmers Market. It's hardly necessary to cover the 3-block distance, but the cheerful, green trolley lends a hometown feel, and kids love to ride it.
- Fountain: From the same designers that created the Bellagio Hotel fountain in Las Vegas, this choreographed water-and-music show plays every half-hour.
- Glockenspiel: Musical clock located on the dome at The Grove Los Angeles, plays cute little tunes to mark the time.
- Farmers Market: This Los Angeles landmark hasn't lost any of its charm.
The Grove will appeal to Los Angeles tourists who like to shop, or those who would like to spend some time in a place where the locals go. The adjacent Farmers Market is one of my favorite places to stop for a bite to eat.
ReviewWe rate The Grove 3 out of 5. It's a pleasant place to spend a few hours.
Poll: What do you think of The Grove as a tourist destination?
If You Liked The Grove Los Angeles, You May Also Like:
Getting to The Grove Los Angeles
The Grove Los Angeles
189 The Grove Drive
Los Angeles, CA
The Grove Los Angeles Website
Exit I-10 at Fairfax and go north to Third. From I-405, take Sunset Boulevard east, then go south on Fairfax to The Grove Los Angeles.
The primary access to The Grove Los Angeles parking garage is from The Grove Drive (previously named Stanley Avenue). You'll find 3,500 parking spaces here in a seven-story structure. You can park two hours for free with validation from a business in The Grove. If you're also visiting the adjacent Farmers Market, the two complexes do not accept each other's validation. If you want to browse at The Grove but eat at the Farmers Market, park there instead.