The Bottom Line
It's quiet, elegant and just right for our tastes, but if you're looking for a super-chic, glossy hotel with an energetic vibe, this may not be the place for you.
- Excellent location in the middle of Beverly Hills, near Rodeo Drive
- On-premises restaurant so good you don't need to look else where for a great meal
- Friendly but highly professional staff
- Some super "extras" - see the full review section to find out about them
- Our room had a strong, perfumey smell which took some time with the patio doors open to dissipate
- Montage Beverly Hills
225 North Canon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA
- Big hotel with more than 200 rooms
- Valet parking
- Thank goodness! We've finally found a high-end hotel that doesn't charge extra for every little thing: They offer complimentary WiFi
- Rooftop swimming pool with cabanas and poolside dining, well-equipped fitness center
- Room amenities are everything you'd expect for a high-end hotel. They offer one of the easiest-to-use and at the same time full-featured selection of ways to enjoy your own personal entertainment that we've seen.
- Restaurants on premises, afternoon tea, 24-hour in-room dining.
- Spa, barber shop and full-service hair salon on premises
Guide Review - Montage Beverly Hills
When you walk into the lobby of the Montage, you'd think "old Hollywood glamor" and you'd be right in terms of style. The hotel's design is inspired by Hotel Alfonso XIII in Seville, Spain, built in 1928. It's one of only four hotels in a well-respected Montage chain and they didn't cut corners when they built this hotel just a few years ago.
Hotels with room rates comparable to the Montage always set high expectations and in our experience, the Montage is able to deliver. Housekeeping? Immaculate. Amenities? All you'd expect and more.
Spa Montage has enough room that you never feel crowded and if the hot stone massage I got from the amazing Parker is any indication, there's no place better to get blissed out and relaxed in the state of California.
The on-premises restaurant Scarpetta serves an Italian-inspired menu, authentically executed. Their simple spaghetti with tomato and basil sauce will give you ample reason to enact the meaning of "scarpetta," an Italian word for using a piece of bread to capture the last remnants of delicious sauce in a dish.
What's Really Special at the Montage Beverly HillsBesides all that, the Montage offers their guests a unique, complimentary service: a one-hour fashion consultation delivered by charming style guru Joe Katz, who will assess your needs and help you find that "just right" item. Get all the details here.
While its name "£10" may look like a price, it's actually a hidden must-visit spot for connoisseurs of single malt whiskey, the only official U.S. purveyor of The Macallan, some of it aged up to 64 years. And you can order a specially-paired tasting menu to go with it.
RatingWe're giving the Montage a five-star rating, a rarity for this picky reviewer. It joins the Langham Huntington, Ventana Inn and San Ysidro Ranch on the short list of less than 3% of hotels we've visited which are at or near perfection (in our opinion).
And I'm not the only one with such a high opinion of the place. Even the rich and uber-famous like the Montage. ONTD reported Gwyneth Paltrow's preparations for the 2011 Emmy Awards, saying "Lately, when I’m in Los Angeles for work, I’ve been staying at the beautiful and very centrally located Montage. Amazing service! Amazing!"