If it's hot outside or you're caught on a rainy weekend, these places are all-weather.
- Farmers Market: You can roam around between the covered stalls, have lunch and while away several hours here.
- Lucky Strike Lanes, Hollywood at Highland: If the idea of bowling gives you visions of Laverne and Shirley, think again. The lanes have gone upscale in Hollywood.
- Dolby Theatre Tour: Even if you don't think you'll ever win an Academy Award, you can see where they're handed out.
- Movie at the Cinerama Dome: They've taken movie-going to an entirely new level at this historic theater where the ambiance is almost as much fun as the film.
- Movie at Grauman's Chinese: The interior at Grauman's is worth the price of a ticket all by itself.
- Museums: Los Angeles has more museums than almost anyplace in the country. These are some of the best.
- Queen Mary, Long Beach: The classic oceanliner has been docked in Long Beach for longer than she sailed the seas. If you haven't visited her yet, why not now?
- Van's Skateboard Park, Anaheim: This place is as big as a large department store, with an assortment of quarter pipes, banks, handrails, boxes, pyramids and much more to keep your 'boarder busy.
Day Trips Out of Town
- Chula Vista Olympic Center, San Diego: Olympic athletes train for the Summer Games here and you can see how it's done.
- Balboa Park Museums, San Diego: You won't believe how many different kinds of museums can fit into one park.
- Mount Palomar: Indulge your inner techie with a visit to the five astronomical telescopes.