About Manhattan Beach:
Manhattan Beach may well be the prototype for the quintessential Los Angeles beach. A Beach Boys' hangout in their early days and the birthplace of beach volleyball, this west-facing urban beach attracts a broad mix of visitors.
Manhattan Beach Fees:
Entrance Fee: None
Parking Fee: Street parking here is scarce. Bring quarters to feed the streetside parking meters or those in the parking lots.
Creature Comforts at Manhattan Beach:
- Restaurants nearby in town
- No alcohol on the beach
- No pets allowed on the beach, but they can walk on the beachside sidewalk
Manhattan Beach Activities:
- Bike path
- Walking path
- Swimming, lifeguard on duty during daylight hours
- Fishing from the pier
- Aquarium on the pier
Highs and Lows at Manhattan Beach:
- Finding parking here can be difficult at best, and you'll have to pay attention to your watch to be sure your meter doesn't expire.
Manhattan Beach Events:
Manhattan Beach Rating:
Poll: What is Manhattan Beach Best For?
- Scuba Diving
- Beach Volleyball
- Bicycle Riding
- Wildlife-Watching, tide pooling
How to Get to Manhattan Beach:
From LAX, head west on Imperial Highway to Vista del Mar and follow Vista del Mar and Highland Avenue south to downtown Manhattan Beach.