What to Expect from Los Angeles in October
Good weather winds down in October - and so does smog season. You'll have a hard time recognizing that it's fall if you're looking for lots of colorful leaves as a sign, but you'll still have warm days with little chance of rain.
Los Angeles Weather in October
Average High Temperature: 78°F/26°C
Average Low Temperature: 59°F/15°C
Rain & Clouds Index: 0.38 inches (0.7 cm) rain, 82% sunshine
What Pack, What to Wear in October
Always take a jacket if you're going to a beach town in the evening. Bring short-sleeved shirts and lightweight pants, with a warmer layer. Bring the shorts, but they may stay in the suitcase.
Los Angeles October Events
- DineLA: October brings LA's version of Restaurant Week, with special tasting menus and prices at tons of great spots.
- JazzTrax Festival: Held on Catalina Island, it draws visitors from some pretty far-flung places - and is a lot of fun if you like the music.
- Day of the Dead: The Mexican celebration of All Souls Day has some fun traditions - and Angelenos have lots of places to experience them.
- The fall horse racing season is on at Santa Anita Park
- Halloween: The LA-area theme parks put on quite a show. Disneyland gets decorated up and Mickey throws a party, Universal Studios hosts the scream-filled Halloween Horror Nights and Knotts Berry Farm Haunt is a bunch of fun.
Especially Fun in OctoberSummer is the time for outdoor concerts. The season at Hollywood Bowl, Ford Amphitheatre and the Greek Theatre runs through October.
Surfline says September through November is the best time to surf in Southern California.