What to Expect from Los Angeles in April
Most years, winter rains end by April, but in an "El Nino" year when ocean currents bring California more rain than usual, you can get wet until the middle of the month or later. Surprisingly, April is no sunnier than January (on the average).
Los Angeles Weather in April
Average High Temperature: 71°F/22°C
Average Low Temperature: 54°F/12°C
Rain & Clouds Index: 1.16 inches (2.9 cm) rain, 73% sunshine
What Pack, What to Wear in April
In a cool year or if you're going to be near the ocean, a jacket is still a good idea. Otherwise, short-sleeved shirts and light weight pants with warmer layer will be fine. Shorts can be comfortable on the warmest days.
Los Angeles April Events
- Doo Dah Parade: Held in Pasadena, this quirky parade feels like a small-town main street parade morphed into a quirky, tongue-in-cheek extravaganza. Crowds are light enough that you can find a place to stand just a few minutes before it starts and you'll be entertained throughout is hour-plus duration.
- For sports fans, baseball season opens at Dodger Stadium and also for the Anaheim Angels. Check your favorite team's calendar for dates.
- Vintage Bouquet Food and Wine Extravaganza: Beverly Hills' annual food and wine event delivers top-notch quality sipping and nibbling in gorgeous surroundings. Outdoor stations feature more than 50 exhibitors that include some of Los Angeles' best restaurants, specialty food vendors, more than a dozen wineries and a generous number of non-alcoholic beverage makers. The associated silent auction includes travel, food and wine packages and a lot more, giving you a chance to get something special at a great price. And to top it all, proceeds of the event support the Beverly Hills Bar Association's pro bono work.
- Toyota Grand Prix: A weekend-long car race runs through the streets of Long Beach.
- Classic Film Festival: Sponsored by Turner Classic Movies, this festival features showings of classic films in some of the city's finest old movie houses.