When you're looking for something to do in LA at night, we're guessing you don't want to end up in a place that rolled up the sidewalks at dusk. Some of the areas you might think of trying are not much fun in the evening, but any of these areas will have lots of people and things to do.
- The Grove: It's a shopping and dining complex, but with a lot of style. Their dancing fountains were a precursor to those at the Bellagio and a cheerful, old-fashioned trolley car makes the rounds.
- Hollywood Boulevard: It's fun any time, but at night, the neon lights reflected in the sidewalk stars make it seem even more surreal.
- Redondo Beach Pier: It's one of the best-developed piers along the LA coast, with restaurants and amusements.
- Santa Monica Pier: The pier is fun at night, when the amusement park rides are lit up - and they have summer concerts, too.
- CityWalk: Just outside the entrance to Universal Studios Hollywood you'll find shopping, dining, outdoor performances.
- Abbot Kinney Boulevard: Venice Beach's informal main street has lots of great boutique shops and plenty of good places to eat.