Magic Mountain offers 1-day and annual passes, but no multi-day discounts. List prices for tickets at the gate as of April, 2014:
- General Admission: $64.99 but much less expensive online (see below)
- Children under 48 inches tall (any age): $42.99
- Ages 2 and under: Free
- Season Pass: $79.99 (same as one-day pass)
- Flash Pass: It lets you reserve a ride time and avoid the line. The price starts at $45.00 and you have to buy a park ticket, too
- Parking: $20
- Hurricane Harbor Water Park: $39.99 adult, $31.99 under 48" tall, under 3 free
- Combo Pass for Both Parks: $105.99
Wind or rain can close rides, and there are no refunds or rain checks.
Easy Ways to Get Magic Mountain Discounts
- Let all those silly big spenders waste their money paying full price at the ticket booth. You know better. Buy tickets online from SixFlags.com. You'll get a big discount. Print them at home and bypass the ticket line when you arrive, too.
- Hurricane Harbor requires a separate ticket. Buy it online and get a discount. Buy a combo that includes parking and a meal and you'll save a bit more (this option is not available at the gate).
- Discover is Six Flags' "official credit card." Save 5% if you use one to buy your ticket.
- Season passes are a good deal if you go more than once. Six Flags' Play Pass is good for all their parks, including Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo (but not for the water parks).
- If you also plan to visit other southern California attractions, check out the Go Los Angeles Card, which can be a big money-saver. Use this handy guide to find out all you need to know about it.
More ways to reduce your bill at Six Flags Magic Mountain:
- You may be able to get discounted tickets through Goldstar.
- Ask about discount passes at your work or through any organizations you belong to.
- Check current AAA discounts or show your AAA card at the ticket booth for $5 off.
- You can't get a military discounts at the gate. Try your MWR/ITR office before you go.
- Earn points toward Skip the Line passes and free tickets by signing up online.
Coupons, Discounts and Promotions
Promotions and coupons come and go, but these are some of the most common and long-lived. To use them, you'll have to stand in line at the ticket booth.
- Most summers, special Coca Cola and Coke product cans sold in southern California carry two-for-one offers. They show up in the spring and are gone by early summer, but are valid through year's end.
- Area stores such as Ralph's and Costco sometimes offer discount coupons for Six Flags Magic Mountain, as do fast food joints.
- Mouse Savers publish a list of other ways to get discounts that can sometimes be useful.