Tickets for Magic Mountain can be found at deep discounts, but they'll find other ways to get your money.
In some businesses, they call them "extras" revenue generators. Seems like a good name to me. At Magic Mountain, they include:
- Parking: Although many people complain, the Magic Mountain parking fees are in line with other area theme parks.
- Dive Devil: It's like skydiving without the parachute, a 15-story, 60 mph free fall - and you'll go even faster after they lighten your wallet by $40 or more.
- Sling Shot: Imagine yourself attached to a giant rubber band that's stretched to the limit before someone releases it
- Flash Pass: A Disneyland FastPass is free, but at Magic Mountain, you'll pay for the same benefit. And the less you're willing to wait, the more you'll pay.
- Arcade Games: Like most theme parks, the arcade games also cost extra.