While Los Angeles may be better known for its energy and traffic jams than for romance, it's got some great, romantic places to stay. We've picked the best of the best for you, with romantic touches, great ambiance and good customer service.
Find out how we choose the recommended hotels.
Beach hotel in charming Hermosa Beach. Their loft suites have great ocean views and are a good base for a moonlight oceanfront stroll. Kiss on the balcony or light the wood-burning fireplace to hold back a foggy chill.
Things get decidedly less romantic here when there's a volleyball tournament on the beach. You can check the dates for it here.
- Address: 1300 The Strand - Hermosa Beach
- Telephone: 310-374-3001, 888- 895-4559, 310- 372-2115 fax
- Rooms: 96 rooms
This small B&B-style hotel has lots of charming touches that include fireplaces, jetted spa tubs, canopied beds and romantic balconies.
- Address: 219 W. Channel Road - Santa Monica
- Telephone: 310-256-2732, 310-454-9920 fax
- Rooms: 14 rooms
In Bel Air just off Sunset Boulevard, this property is a 12-acre oasis with lots of privacy and a swan-filled lake. It's no wonder the local glitterati have been going there for years.
- Address: 701 Stone Canyon Boulevard - Los Angeles
- Telephone: 310-472-1211, 800-648-4097, 310-476-5890 fax
- Rooms: 92 rooms
We love the old-fashioned luxury of the Huntington and the surrounding grounds are good for a stroll hand-in-hand, followed by a leisurely drink on the veranda.
- Address: 1401 South Oak Knoll Avenue, Pasadena
- Telephone: 626-568-3900
- Rooms: Big hotel with more than 300 rooms, suites and cottages
- Read My Review
One of Beverly Hills' classic hotels, the Peninsula makes you feel like you're in a luxurious private home. While it's not the hotel made famous by the movie, this place is enough to make any Pretty Woman feel like Cinderella.
- Address: 9882 Little Santa Monica Boulevard - Beverly Hills
- Telephone: 310-551-2888, 800-462-7899, 310-788-2319 fax
- Rooms: 196 rooms
Facing the marina, but not right on it, with lots of luxurious touches, a relaxing spa and plenty of waterside paths for strolling hand in hand.
- Address: 4100 Admiralty Way - Marina del Rey
- Telephone: 310-301-3000, 800- 228-9290, 310-448-4870 fax
- Rooms: 370 rooms
You'll think you've borrowed a friend's chic Hollywood apartment for a "quickie" when you stay at the Villa Delle Stelle. Think Bogie and Bacall or Tracy and Hepburn.