After all the moving and earthquakes, construction of the current mission building began in 1808. This time, the fathers built for strength and permanence. Along with the mission building, the irrigation system was also rebuilt. They built a dam 3 miles above the mission and a tile aqueduct to carry water down to the mission.
The new mission was dedicated on November 12, 1813 and the irrigation system was completed in 1816. The church is 135 feet long and 29 feet high.
After secularization, the buildings deteriorated badly and a complete restoration was done in 1931. The front of the church was restored again in 1950.