If you're looking for background material for a California Fourth Grade report, use this page and the mission history. If you're building a model for your project, check out the layout and floor plan and take a look at the pictures. If you need some help, try the model-building books and resources.
Interesting Facts about Mission San Fernando
- Mission San Fernando Rey de Espana's hotel building was called the "long building"
- Mission San Fernando is often used in movies
Mission San Fernando Timeline
- 1797 - Father Lasuen founds Mission San Fernando
- 1804 - 1,000 neophytes
- 1812 - Earthquake
- 1819 - Most successful year at Mission San Fernando
- 1835 - Father Ibarra leaves
- 1847 - Mission San Fernando abandoned
- 1923 - Becomes a church again
Where Is Mission San Fernando Located?
Mission San FernandoMission San Fernando is located north of downtown Los Angeles, in the the triangle formed by I-5, I-405, and CA Hwy 118. Exit any of the freeways and get onto Sepulveda Blvd. going north. Turn right at San Fernando Mission Blvd. just past where Sepulveda crosses under the 118 Freeway. Mission San Fernando is on the left.
15151 San Fernando Mission Blvd.
Mission Hills, CA
The best we can tell, this mission does not have a website. Try calling 818-361-0186 for current hours.