If you're looking for background material for a California Fourth Grade report, use this page and the mission history. If you're building a model for your project, check out the layout and floor plan and take a look at the pictures. If you need some help, try the model-building books and resources.
Interesting Facts about Mission San Luis Rey
- Mission San Luis Rey was the largest and most populous in California
- The first pepper tree planted in California is still alive at Mission San Luis Rey
- Mission San Luis Rey was the last one Father Lasuen founded
Mission San Luis Rey Timeline
- 1798 -Father Lasuen founds Mission San Luis Rey
- 1821 -First church finished
- 1831 -2,800 native converts
- 1832 -Father Peyri leaves Mission San Luis Rey
- 1834 -Secularized
- 1892 -Franciscans return to Mission San Luis Rey
- 1895 -Reconstruction begins
Where Is Mission San Luis Rey Located?
Mission San Luis ReyMission San Luis Rey is located north of downtown San Diego between I-5 and I-15 on Highway 76. I-5, exit onto Highway 76 and drive 4 miles east to Rancho del Oro. From I-15, exit onto Highway 76 and drive 15 miles wast to Rancho del Oro. Mission San Luis Rey will be on the right.
4050 Mission Avenue
Oceanside, CA (near San Diego)
Mission Website and current hours