The Bottom Line
- Super-clean, well maintained
- Comfortable beds
- Beautiful views, especially toward the ocean
- Love the bagpiper!
- Can be stuck in the fog all day
- Some guests feel it is overpriced or report occasional lapses in service
- 2700 17-Mile Drive
Pebble Beach, CA
- 269 rooms and suites
- Free self-parking or use their valet service
- Complimentary wireless (or wired) Internet access
- Excellent health club with well-maintained equipment and friendly staff. Pool, golf. Rated tops by World Tennis magazine.
- Room have all the amenities you'd expect from a high-end hotel. Views vary, but we think a room with an ocean view is best.
- Four restaurants on premises, more in the other Pebble Beach Resort hotels. Room service.
- 100% non-smoking. Pet friendly
Guide Review - Inn at Spanish Bay
Rooms and public areas are best described as comfortably elegant. The outdoor patio is unbeatable on a pretty day. Late every afternoon, a bagpiper makes his way across the grounds. Kids play in the grass, uninhibited adults may take a nap on the grass and the ocean views draw everyone's gaze. Nearby Roy's restaurant has an outdoor patio with the same views, making it a great place for a meal.
As is common in the travel industry, the writer received complimentary accommodation at Inn at Spanish Bay. It has not influenced this review, but About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more info, see our ethics policy.