About Asilomar Beach:
Asilomar State Beach is a narrow, long strip of gently sloping sandy beach with rocky areas offshore that make for perfect tide pooling. A 3/4-mile walking path runs past beach and coves.
Asilomar Beach Fees:
Entrance Fee: None
Parking Fee: None
Creature Comforts at Asilomar Beach:
- Nearest restrooms are across the road at the Asilomar Conference Center
- No showers
- Bring your own picnic and water or walk to the conference center
- Dogs are allowed on the beach but must be on a leash at all times
- Parts of the walking path are flat and easily accessible
Asilomar Beach Activities:
- Sand play
- Tide pools
- Walking path
Lodging Near Asilomar Beach:
Highs and Lows at Asilomar Beach:
- Lack of restroom facilities limit how long you can spend at the beach before you have to "go" somewhere else.
- Asilomar is one of Monterey's prettiest beaches, with a curving line and sloping sand that create lots of breaking waves.
How to Get to Asilomar Beach:
The only available parking is along Sunset Drive, parallel to the road. On busy days, it can get quite hard to find a spot.