About San Carlos Beach:
San Carlos State Beach is a small beach in Monterey, located between Cannery Row and Fisherman's Wharf, near the Coast Guard station and breakwater. It's a very popular place for scuba diving, and many scuba classes are held there every year.
San Carlos Beach Fees:
Entrance Fee: None
Parking Fee: None
Creature Comforts at San Carlos Beach:
- Nearest restrooms are on the walking path just above the beach
- No showers
- There are plenty of places to eat on Cannery Row and Fisherman's Wharf
- Dogs are not allowed on the beach
- The Monterey Bay Dive Company is nearby on Cannery Row. They offer guided dives, equipment rentals and scuba classes
San Carlos Beach Activities:
- Scuba Diving
Lodging Near San Carlos Beach:
- Hotels in Monterey's Cannery Row area are closest to this beach.
Highs and Lows at San Carlos Beach:
How to Get to San Carlos Beach:
You can park in the nearby lots, but will have to pay the parking meters.