They're listed in order, starting with the best view, but keep in mind that you seldom get something for nothing. Spots lower on the list are easier to get to than the exquisite hilltop locations at CADE and Kuleto.
- Kuleto Estate: Restaurateur Pat Kuleto chose this location for its views, and we can see why. The best part of any visit to Kuleto is the walk out to see them.
- CADE: If there's anything prettier than the view from Kuleto, it's the view from CADE Winery. On a clear day, you can see Mount Diablo, almost 90 miles away.
- Signorello Estate: It's just far enough up the hillside to get a nice view across the valley and if you walk out to the end of the patio, you can take it all in beside the infinity pool.
- Domaine Carneros: It's their patio, overlooking the Carneros vineyards that makes this a top pick. They stay open later than other wineries, making it a great place to end the day.
- Sterling: Even if you don't want to taste their wines, take the tram ride to the top of the hill for a rare view of the valley from the middle of it.