The Bottom Line
- Unique, relaxing bathing ritual
- Offers fitness and yoga classes
- Large facility with plenty of room so you don't feel crowded
- Showers could benefit from upgraded shower heads
- The spa at Sonoma Mission Inn is located in the hotel of the same name, just north of the town of Sonoma on CA Hwy 12
- Fitness center with classes, bath house, outdoor spring-fed swimming pool, steam room, sauna and Spa Cafe
- Contact Info:
100 Boyes Blvd.
- Rates: In August, 2009 a one-hour massage was $159. Check their current rates
- Treatments at The Spa at Sonoma Mission Inn: Wide array of massages, body wraps, Ayurvedic and flotation treatments, facials
- What's Special: One hour bathing ritual included with any other treatment. Watsu treatment (shiatsu done in water)
Guide Review - Spa at Sonoma Mission Inn
Their treatment menu is extensive and includes couples services, fitness classes and workshops. The spa is open to everyone, although drop-ins have to pay a premium fee, which is waived if you schedule two services in the same day.
On my last visit, I enjoyed the bathing ritual and a one-hour massage. I found the facilities clean and pleasant and the staff friendly. My massage therapist delivered a relaxing treatment, on a par with those at other high-end spas.
As is common in the travel industry, the writer received complimentary treatment for the purpose of review. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy.