We've listed the beaches below by the activities they're best for, now why don't you tell us which one you like best? Vote now, or see what other people just like you think.
Poll: What is your favorite Orange County beach?
Best Orange County Beaches by Type
- Best Orange County Beaches: Amusements: Balboa: A nice pier with a restaurant on the end and the nearby Balboa Fun Zone give plenty to do here.
- Best Orange County Beaches: Beach Volleyball: Huntington State: Lots of clean, soft sand and plenty of nets here.
- Best Orange County Beaches: Birdwatching: Bolsa Chica: Located just across the street from a major stop on the Pacific Flyway, this place is really "for the birds."
- Best Orange County Beaches: Bonfires: Huntington State: A night bonfire on the beach is one of the best things to do in Orange County, and they've got plenty of places here to build your blaze.
- Best Orange County Beaches: For Kids: Balboa: With a great beach, a pier and the nearby Balboa Fun Zone, there's a lot here to keep the kids occupied.
- Best Orange County Beaches: People-Watching: Main Beach, Laguna Beach: This small beach in the middle of downtown Laguna attracts a variety of people, and on the weekends, you'll find artists and musicians there, too.
- Best Orange County Beaches: Romantic: Main Beach: This small beach just off downtown Laguna Beach is popular with lovers for evening strolls.
- Best Orange County Beaches: Surfing: Huntington Pier: Huntington Beach is so proud of its surfing heritage that they've trademarked the name "Surf City, USA." Serious local surfers do their stuff near the pier. They don't tolerate interlopers well, and beginners are better off to head to Bolsa Chica Beach, where many local surf schools give lessons.
- Orange County Beaches to Bare it All: There are no nude beaches in Orange County County. Your nearest option is San Diego County's San Onofre.