- Hours: Open year round, but hours vary. Closed December 25
- Cost: Ticket prices and discounts, parking fee
- Location: Buena Park, directions below
- How Long: Allow at least half a day
- Best Time to Visit: Any time is fine, but many rides close when it rains and it can be very hot in mid-summer
- See It Now: Photo Tour
Knott's Berry Farm RidesKnott's Berry Farm is divided into six themed areas spread over 150 acres, and size that's easily walkable. You'll find 38 major rides at the park. Seven are extreme thrill rides, most of them in the Boardwalk area. They include GhostRider, with the longest banked wooden coaster drop in the Western United States. Camp Snoopy is the place to go with smaller children, but you'll find things they like in other areas, too.
Theme Park Insider suggests this plan of attack for the Knott's Berry Farm thrill rides, starting as soon as the place opens: Start with Silver Bullet (suspended cars feel like you're flying), then GhostRider (wooden coaster), on to the Boardwalk area at the back for Perilous Plunge, Supreme Scream and Xcelerator. After that, you can fill in the day with the rest.
Knott's Berry Farm Special EventsAt Halloween, Knott's Berry Farm transforms into Knott's Scary Farm, an event so popular that tickets often sell out in advance. The park offers a variety of other special events throughout the year.
Knott's Berry Farm Tips
- Many of the Knott's Berry Farm thrill rides have height limits that start at 32 inches and go up to 69 inches. Measure the kids and check the requirements which are printed on the park map you get at the gate to see if they can ride
- Dress code is strictly enforced: shoes and shirts or blouses at all times. Profanity and pictures of illegal substances on clothing are not allowed
- If you want to avoid standing in line at Knott's, you can pay extra their Fast Lane wristband, which will will get you onto the popular rides faster. It sells out during busy times, so advance purchase is recommended. Otherwise, bring something to entertain yourself and your kids in line during busy times.
- Adults with smaller children, take note. If you want to go a ride with a height limit that your kids can't get on, go through the line together, tell the ride staff what you want to do. You'll be allowed to send one person in and wait at the ride's exit with the child. When your partner comes out, you can go in without having to wait in line.
- You can enjoy the fried chicken without paying to get into the park (although we wouldn't particularly recommend it), and parking is free for 3 hours
- You won't find much shade, so on sunny days, hats and sunscreen are essential. Bring something to secure your hat while on the faster rides, or wear one you can stuff into a pocket.
- If you want healthy snacks, bring them yourself. Otherwise, it's mostly fried things, burgers and churros.
- On busy days, a second gate opens on the west side of the park and there's a parking lot right across the street
Knott's Berry Farm Review
Knott's Berry Farm may be just the place for you if you want screamin' thrill rides or if your theme park budget is limited (their tickets are much less expensive than nearby Disneyland). You may also like it if you prefer a bit of old-timey ambiance. On the downside, the park can feel disorganized, employees are less than friendly, and reviewers at Yelp confirm ongoing maintenance and breakdown problems.
What do you think of Knott's Berry Farm?☐ Awesome!
Getting to Knott's Berry Farm
Knott's Berry FarmKnott's Berry Farm is on Beach Blvd., two blocks south from CA Hwy 91 or six miles north from CA Hwy 22. You can get shuttles from some area hotels.
8039 Beach Blvd
Buena Park, California, CA
As is common in the travel industry, the writer was provided with complimentary tickets for the purpose of review. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy.