The Bottom Line
The Ritz-Carlton is one of Orange County's most elegant hotels, with beautiful views and lots of amenities.
- Staff is extremely attentive
- Their gym has views so good you may forget that you're working out
- It's one of our pet peeves when an already-expensive place tacks on a "resort fee"
- One Ritz-Carlton Drive
Dana Point, CA 92629
- 393 rooms and suites with private balconies. Ocean or pool views
- Complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access. Wired access also available
- Fitness center with an ocean view, tennis courts, basketball court, pool, daily exercise classes. Spa on premises.
- Complimentary beach shuttle, beach chairs, umbrellas and water toys
- Non-smoking property
- Pets not allowed
- Restaurant on premises, serving meals and afternoon tea. Wine, cheese and chocolate bar and a poolside cafe
- Special kids' programs (extra fee)
Guide Review - The Ritz-Carlton
The Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel is everything you'd expect from a hotel in this luxury chain. It has the requisite amounts of marble, fresh flowers in the bathroom and staff members who insist on guiding you to your automobile even though it's only parked 20 paces away. Ritz Carlton didn't get to be one of the world's top hotel chains by accident, but I'm not telling you much that you don't already know.
It's been a long time since we stayed the Ritz Carlton. For a more current evaluation, see their reviews at Tripadvisor.