About Balboa Beach:
Located on the Balboa Peninsula in Newport Beach, Balboa Beach faces the Pacific Ocean, and it's just a few blocks from the yacht harbor and the Balboa Fun Zone amusement park. Balboa Beach is a popular place for swimming lessons in summer. The 920-foot pier at Balboa Beach was voted Orange County's best.
Balboa Beach Fees:
Entrance Fee: No
Parking Fee: Yes
Creature Comforts at Balboa Beach:
- Food nearby
- No pets allowed
- No Alcohol on the beach
Balboa Beach Activities:
- Bike path
- Surfing, but it's banned 11 a.m to 6 p.m. in the summer
- Bodyboarding, skimboarding
- Swimming, lifeguard on duty during daylight hours
- Walking path
- Small amusement park nearby
Lodging Near Balboa Beach:
Highs and Lows at Balboa Beach:
- Sand here is clean and raked
- Sometimes when there's a red tide in Laguna and Huntington, the water at Balboa will be clear.
- In summer, the beach around the pier can be almost overrun by kids taking swimming classes. Head a little further north to avoid them.