About Main Beach:
Main Beach is a southwest-facing, busy, urban beach in the middle of downtown Laguna. This small beach attracts a lot of visitors, especially in summer.
On weekends, artists and street musicians set up along the boardwalk. At night, Main Beach's waterfront walk is popular with strolling sweethearts.
Main Beach Fees:
Entrance Fee: None
Parking Fee: Metered parking along Pacific Coast Highway or in town. Main Beach does not have its own parking lot.
Creature Comforts at Main Beach:
- Food nearby
- Lots of benches where you can sit and watch the surf
- Pets allowed, except during the busy season when they are banned 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., June 1 through mid-September
- No smoking
- No alchohol. This is strictly enforced, and Laguna Beach police may search your bags and cooler.
Main Beach Activities:
- Bike path
- Surfing and skimboarding are allowed, but a shallow sandbar offshore makes surfing difficult
- Swimming, lifeguard on duty during daylight hours. Check the colored flag on the lifeguard station to see if it's safe to swim. Don't go out if it's yellow or red.
- Tide pools at the north end
- Walking path
- Basketball courts
- Beach equipment rentals nearby
Highs and Lows at Main Beach:
- You may find tar here. Check your feet before you track it everywhere.
- In summer, this beach is subject to "red tides."